Google+

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dana's October Kit Projects + Farewell

Hi! Dana Tatar here today sharing the projects I created with the C'est Magnifique October Kits. I had a blast working with the Prima Garden Fable collection. I used items from the Main Kit, Flower Add-On, Embellishment Add-On, Mixed Media Kit and Card Kit for my projects this month. This kit will be the last that I work with as a designer for C'est Magnifique Kit Club. It has been an amazing year, but it is time for me to move on. I've enjoyed sharing my work with you and have appreciated every comment and kind word that I have received during my term. The new Design Team Coordinator will be introduced next month, so please stay tuned!

I like to flip-flop between two major design styles, romantic and clean and simple. I have a pair of layouts in each style to share with you today. These kits are versatile!


I had a lot of fun fussy cutting the patterned papers as well as my photo for this layout featuring my niece.


I used the stencil, Gelato and mist from the Mixed Media Kit to create a colorful textured background for this page.


The leaves, flowers, nests, birds and architectural elements that I fussy cut from the patterned papers were super fun to layer over and under the house that is the focal point of my design.


I used one of my favorite family photos for this page. The beautiful Prima Evita Esme flowers from the Flower Add-On were perfect for a heritage layout! I used two patterned papers from the Card Kit, the solid kraft and the stitched animal print, to coordinate with the outfit of the woman in the photo.



I added bright pink flowers for a fun pop of color. I highlighted the roses on the patterned paper and the neutral colored flowers with the Guava (pink) Gelato from the Mixed Media Kit.

I went monochromatic for my two clean and simple layouts. I has fun mixing things up a bit using pink for a masculine page and blue for a feminine page.


I love this pink/red masculine layout that I created using a photo of my brother and his son as inspiration.


I criss-crossed pieces of washi tape over the background of the patterned paper and then covered it with a layer of the Opaque Medium from the Mixed Media Kit. I then added some color with the Guava Gelato and splatters of mist. I layered die-cuts, tags, stickers and small pieces of patterned paper under my photo and then finished the page with some flowers and rhinestones.


My last layout features my youngest niece. She is such a sweetheart! I pulled the blue papers, packaging and die-cuts from the kits for this page.


This large felt flower from the Flower Add-On adds a wonderful softness to this layout.


The small piece of Prima resin is one of my favorite embellishments from the Main Kit. It made a fantastic bow topper.


I created a small corner embellishment with piece of patterned paper, a die-cut and some rhinestones.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you! I have one more layout to share for the October Sketch Challenge, so please stop by again on the first of the month.

The October Add-Ons, the Mixed Media Kit and the Card Kit are available for purchase now from the C'est Magnifique Store. The October Main Kit will be on sale on September 30th.

8 comments:

  1. Each of your pages are so lovely, wonderful papers, embellies and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, excellent work. Love each and everyone of these designs. You will be missed. Enjoy your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo wow...such awesome designs..loved them all...All the very best for your future endeavours...xx

    ReplyDelete